Sunday, February 6, 2011

The NHL trade deadline

The NHL trade deadline will be here sooner than you think, February 28th, this means that for many players around the NHL it's time to pack the bags. If there's anything we've learned from previous years, it's that anything can and will happen, last year it was the massive trade between Toronto and Calgary which saw, the now leafs captain, Dion Phaneuf get traded. So what will happen this year, it is my hope that Toronto will make another blockbuster deal that will not only improve the team but make it a contender for the playoffs, now I don't mean this seasons playoffs, I mean next seasons, they're pretty much guaranteed not to be in this years. Also with injuries around the league that will see big stars out of their respective line ups, the question that I have is, who's a buyer and who's a seller? Though all I can do is speculate at this time and maybe even only dream, I think there's going to be a lot of movement during this years trade deadline action, maybe even a lot leading up to the deadline, but we'll all just have to wait and see. I would like to see your comments on who you think the leafs need to keep and who is just holding them back.
Just putting it out there.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment